The Brantwood Place Gates were built in 1912 to promote the housing development to the east of them. The gates were built from cheap materials and at one point there was talk of removing them. There was opposition to this by Ottawa's citizenry. In 1948 the gates were dedicated as a war memorial and designated heritage property.
The gates are, at this time, not in good condition. The City of Ottawa plans to have the gates rebuilt as part of an upcoming 2013-2015 Main Street rebuild.
BRANTWOOD PLACE GATES
Built as an entrance to Brantwood Place, a new approach to town planning for its time. Dedicated as a war memorial in 1948.